Friday 4 November 2011

Facets Of Fuchsia and Beetlejuice Collection


I had quite a little polish haul this week :) I've slowed down on my polish buying these days because I'm a jobless student :( However, I had enough Boots points to grab the coveted Facets Of Fuchsia by Revlon (£6.49), and Mr Vimto was lovely enough to buy me the newly launched duo chrome Beetlejuice collection (£20) from Models Own :3

(no topcoat)
£6.49 from Boots

I'd seen Facets of Fuchsia in Boots before I'd seen it around on Blogger, but I was a bit hesitant because I wasn't quite sure as to how it'd be on the nail. But after seeing it swatched on someone's blog (can't remember who, it was a while ago!), I wanted to get it before it sold out or discontinued since it's part of a limited collection.

FOF is a black jelly base with some hex glitters and smaller square glitters. What's interesting about this is that you can see the glitter from the previous coat through the newer coat so it has a sort of...faded but solid look of something stuck in amber. If that makes sense...I just realised how retarded that sounded lol! I went to see Jurassic Park in the cinema when it came out so maybe that's where my analogy came from :o


Anyways, now to Models Own...I have swatched these, and I am looking at them right now, but my sucky camera (and lack of natural daylight) means I can't take a photo of the true lovely duo chrome-ness of the Beetlejuice collction, but here's a photo of the polishes in the bottle!
L-R: Golden Green, Pinky Brown,  Purple Blue, Aqua Violet, Emerald Black
£5 each

I'm not entirely sure if these are limited edition or not, but I have heard from their Facebook page tha even though the pinky brown (2nd from left) has sold out, they'll be getting more stock at the end of November (just in time for Christmas ;) )

As you can see from the photo, these polishes are shimmery duo chromes shifting between 2 colours in natural daylight.  I wanted the majority of these since I heard about the launch on the Models Own Facebook page, (golden green doesn't tickle my fancy too much) but Mr Vimto was nice enough to get me the boxset (all 5 with a 3-in-1 clear polish for £20) as an early Christmas present :) However, I dont like him spending money on me so I'm hoping to pay him back when I can :o

These seem a little thinner than a normal Models Own polish, but not too sure as It's been a while since I bought a fresh polish. But they're opaque in 2 thin-ish coats so they're probably not as thin as I seem to think they are.

So that concludes my ramble on my polishes this week!

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky! I really wanted the polishes from this collection, but I don't think they're available over in the States?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) No fret! It's an online only collection, and they have an info section on international orders so they might deliver to the US! Here's the link to the info bit:
    http://www.modelsownit.com/help/#int

    Hope you manage to get them! :) x

    ReplyDelete