Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year Nails and Resolutions/Hopes

Hey guys, this is I guess what you could call my New Year mani, although it's not very interesting in comparison to the usual NY nails on google. I tried to do something firework themed, but that kind of went awry, so I decided on a metallic bronze and creme black marble with Essie Penny Talks and Barry M Black.



This was done with just a fan brush that I got in my nail brush set - it's pretty much the only reason I use the fan brush lol. Penny Talk is SO pigmented that I only needed the tiniest amount with tonnes of Barry M! Mr Lac. got Penny Talks off Extras.co.uk, where they sell the previous season's colour for a lot cheaper than instore, and they have a lot more beauty products too, so definitely check it out!


Anyways, onto the standard resolutions/hopes for 2013 chat!
2012 has personally been a bit of a standard year in comparison to my friends, with only a few minor, borderline un-important bumpiness along the way. But when I think back to how my childhood was, and to how things where merely a few years ago, I'm kind of glad that there's only been a few minor bumps now. All the big, dramatic events in my life have lead to where I am now. I wouldn't have met my new friends, my boyfriend, nor his lovely family. I genuinely cannot see my life without any of them, and I am so glad that these things have happened, because even though some say my life is boring, or that I'm boring, I'd rather be boring than be stuck where I was not that long ago. So if your job is horrifying, you're failing uni, in a really bad relationship with a guy/girl or your family, then yes, it's crap and it hurts. But you need to wait and ride it out and learn from those experiences. Because soon, everything will fit, and it will be okay. Sure, not everything is fine and dandy, but it's gotten better in comparison. You can't have that rainbow without the rain.

For once I'm actually going to make resolutions for 2013!

  • drink less fizzy juice, and eat smaller portions/be aware of how full I am. I've went up a dress size this year and I want to try and lose some of it. I#m not sure about the gym, as I have bad joints and it's a busy year at uni for me, but we shall see!
  • Do the 31 day nail challenge. As uni is getting a lost more important this year, I may change this to a 31 week challenge though, or maybe do it over the summer :)
  • Have more date nights with the boyfriend. We tend to just stay in and have take aways (maybe that's why I went up a dress size hehe), but I like getting dressed up for dinner and going to nice wee restaurants :)
Thats all I can think of now, as anymore would probably lead to me not doing them. I also hope that I do well in uni this year, as it's the start of the Honours portion of my degree. I want to also try and see my friends more, whether or not that means going to some shitty nightclub for a night out (their choice not mines lolol), and hopefully read a few more books :)

I hope everyone has a lovely night, and keep safe!

1 comment: