Tuesday 26 February 2013

Watercolour Nails

I've been sucha a bad blogger...again... I've been really busy with uni, as I have a project due and I had a week with like 9 labs (I usually have 1 or 2 at most) and it's all just been a but WAAHDAODHASIIDBISDIHU lately XD I also haven't done any of the swatch posts I'd said I'd do from my last Boots haul >_<
Things are semi-calming down right now, so I might be able to do swatch posts of my latest Boots hauls (got some of those Barry M textured polishes :D ) so hopefully I'll get something typed out, really sorry guys!


Anyways, on a rare night off from uni work/sobbing at labs, I dashed out some watercolour nails. I'd previously attempted it by using the cling film/sammich bag technique but mines ended up very splotchy and looked like a 2 year old tried to paint my nails lolol. So I got the acetone out and did it hte proper way, and LOVED how it turned out :)
I used a white Revon to as a base, then topped with 2 coats of Seche Vite to use as a barrier between the acetone and the white base. I then dabbed on patches of Essie Lilacism, Essie Lapiz Of Luxury and Essie Mint Candy Apple and used a brush dipped in acetone to smudge out the blobs. then another coat of seche vite was used and you're done!

Personally, it took me about 15 mins to do the whole thing (inc base) as I didn't want any harsh lines where the blobs has dried around the edge. I thing using pastels makes it's really pretty, but I might consider using  more bold colours and see how that turns out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment